Young people from all the EU Member States are invited to participate in a competition on EU development, integration and European identity issues by the European Parliament and the Foundation of the International Charlemagne Prize of Aachen.
Theme of the competition
The ‘European Charlemagne Youth Prize’ is awarded to projects, which:
- promote the European and international understanding,
- foster the development of a shared sense of European identity and integration,
- serve as a role model for young people living in Europe
- offer practical examples of Europeans living together as one community.
The projects can focus on the organisation of various youth events, youth exchanges or internet projects with a European dimension.
- participants should be 16-30 years old;
- must be citizens or residents of one of the EU Member States;
- can apply, either individually or in groups, in the case of group and cross-border projects, the project can only be submitted in one country which is closely linked to the project.
Applications in all official languages of the European Union are eligible
The prize for the best project is EUR 7,500, the second, EUR 5000 and the third, EUR 2,500.
One representative of the 27 national winning projects selected will be invited to the award ceremony and a stay of several days in Aachen, Germany on 11 May 2021.
The prizes for the best three projects will be presented by the President of the European Parliament and representative of the Foundation of the International Charlemagne Prize of Aachen.
As part of the prize, the three laureates will be invited to visit the European Parliament (in Brussels or in Strasbourg).
22 February 2021