Knowing the weekly activity of the European Commission a few days in advance is not only a useful tool for all media professionals but also for citizens, since it will help them understand the key issues of each week.
Thursday, 10th September
- European Commission (Brussels): Financing renewable energies. Press release available in Press Corner.
Friday, 11th September
- 20 hours. “Asturias before the new European funds. Virtual conference organized by the newspaper El Comercio, with the participation of Francisco Fonseca Morillo, director of the Representation of the European Commission in Spain. The activity aims to shed light on the Next Generation EU instrument and the future EU budget. Following the conference is
a good opportunity for all those companies that want to approach European financing. See the conference.
European Commission (Brussels):
- Announcement of a pilot project on tracking applications. Press release available in Press Corner.
- (To be confirmed) Announcement about Galicia and the European Globalisation Adjustment Fund. Press release available in Press Corner.
- 1 p.m. Press conference of the Commissioner for Health and Food Safety, Stella Kyriakides and the Commissioner for Environment, Oceans and Fisheries, Virginijus Sinkevičius, to present a report on health and environment. The press conference can be followed on EBS and the press release will be available in the Press Corner.
- (Until 12th September ) Informal meeting of the ministers of Economic and Financial Affairs. See agenda.
- Eurogroup meeting. See agenda.
Monday, 14th September
- First plenary session of the European Parliament after the beginning of the political year. (Until 17th September). See agenda.
Wednesday, 16th September, 16 de septiembre
- Debate on the State of the Union. The President of the European Commission, Ursula von der Leyen, will make her first assessment after one year at the head of the European Commission and will offer her vision on the future of the EU before the plenary of the European Parliament. After the speech, she will hold a debate with the MEPs. The debate can be followed on webstreaming.
- (Until 17th September): Informal meeting of Education Ministers. See agenda.
Thusrday, 17th September
- Madrid: 9:00 to 13:30 hours. III Forum Alliance for the Development of Digital Talent #AlianzaTalento3. Ametic is organizing an event to discuss digital talent and the complex challenge of adapting to the pace of technological innovation, which requires profiles and knowledge that do not exist in the labor market. The event will be attended by the director of the European Commission Representation in Spain, Francisco Fonseca. Paseo de la Castellana, 81. See agenda and registration.
Leave a Reply