The Financial Mechanism Office (FMO) which administers the EEA Grants and Norway Grants on behalf of Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway, offers 12 months-traineeships, from 1st September 2021 – 31st August 2022, to nationals of the EEA EFTA States (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway).
Exception is given to applicants for the Roma Trainee position: this position is open to nationals of the EEA EFTA States (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway) and to nationals of the EU Member States.
The trainees will be assigned to a specific department of the FMO according to academic field of specialisation, personal preferences and career objectives:
– Legal Affairs,
– Finance and Control,
– Administration and Human Resources,
– Grants Management Systems (IT),
– Results and Evaluation,
– Priority Sectors,
– Funds and Horizontal Concerns: Civil Society,
– Funds and Horizontal Concerns: Roma Inclusion,
– Country and Bilateral Cooperation.
Candidates need to specify their field of work when applying.
Eligible applicants should:
• Have a master’s degree in law, economics, statistics, political science, international relations, business administration, computer science or other relevant and equivalent degree. Candidates with a Bachelor’s degree and relevant experience (job experience, volunteering) may in exceptional circumstances be considered. Exception: for the position in the Grants Management Systems (IT) the minimum level of education is Bachelor’s degree.
• Have knowledge of standard office IT applications (Microsoft Office);
• Have an analytical mind with ability to draft good quality documents in English;
• Be flexible and motivated, capable of taking on a wide variety of tasks, both complex and more basic.;
• Have work experience of 1-2 years and knowledge of and keen interest in one or more of the priority sectors and/or Beneficiary States would be an advantage;
• Have fluency in both spoken and written English (knowledge of another EFTA/EU language is an asset).
1 March 2021