The University of Luxembourg aspires to be one of Europe’s most highly regarded universities with a distinctly international and interdisciplinary character. It fosters the cross-fertilisation of research and teaching, is relevant to its country, is known worldwide for its research and teaching in targeted areas, and is establishing itself as an innovative model for contemporary European Higher Education.
The successful applicant will be integrated in SECAN-Lab, a research group which addresses both fundamental and applied research in computer networking, privacy, and security. The doctoral student will be a member of the Doctoral School for Science and Engineering (DSSE) offering a Doctoral Program in Computer Science and Computer Engineering aiming to provide interdisciplinary and internationally competitive research training.
- Time synchronization security
- TSN security
- Software-Defined Networking (SDN) Support for Securing TSN
- Building a security-enabled testbed as basis for the aforementioned research items
- Writing a doctoral dissertation in the relevant area
- Publication of scientific papers in peer-reviewed international journals
- Presentation of research findings at workshops and conferences
- Moderate participation in teaching activities
- Master-degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Informatics, or other related field
- Strong background in network security, telecommunication engineering, and Linux programming will be considered as an advantage
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English are mandatory
- Willingness to enroll as PhD-student at the University of Luxembourg
- Willingness to spend a research period (up to six months) at the Honda R&D Europe premises in Offenbach, Germany
University of Luxembourg