Within Creative Europe, the MEDIA subprogramme is aimed at strengthening and supporting the European film and audiovisual industry.
Within the specific objective of reinforcing the European audiovisual sector’s capacity to operate transnationally and internationally, one of the priorities of the MEDIA Sub-programme is to:
- increase the capacity of audiovisual producers to develop projects with the potential to circulate throughout Europe and beyond, and to facilitate European and international co-production.
The MEDIA Sub-programme shall provide support for the following measures:
- the development of European audiovisual works, in particular films and television works such as fiction, documentaries, children’s and animated films, as well as interactive works such as videogames and multimedia with enhanced cross-border circulation potential;
- activities aiming to support European audiovisual production companies, in particular independent production companies, with a view to facilitating European and international co-productions of audiovisual works including television works.
The objective of the Support to the Development of Audiovisual Content in the form of Single Projects is to increase the capacity of audiovisual producers to develop projects with the potential to circulate throughout Europe and beyond, and to facilitate European and international coproduction.
- 1st deadline for submitting applications: 13 November 2019, 17:00 (Brussels time)
- 2nd deadline for submitting applications: 12 May 2020, 17:00 (Brussels time)