In its proposal for Creative Europe post-2020 the Commission proposed establishing a Creative Innovation Lab for cross-sectoral collaboration and innovation. In this light, and drawing on the results of a recent workshop with stakeholders, pilot projects will be supported this 2020 which explore the potential for cross-sectoral collaboration in view of the Creative Innovation Lab, by supporting activities at the crossroads between different cultural and creative sectors (including audiovisual), including through the use of innovative technologies.
Support will be given to projects:
a) featuring new forms of creation at the crossroads between different cultural and creative sectors, including the audiovisual sector, and through the use of innovative technologies, including virtual reality, or
b) fostering innovative cross-sectoral approaches and tools to facilitate access, distribution, promotion and/or monetisation of culture and creativity, including cultural heritage.
The focus should be on the following aspects:
- problem solving approach and addressing challenges for the cultural and creative sectors;
- audiences and the user experience are of paramount importance in scoping the problem;
- technology is an enabler in addressing key problems, rather than an objective on its own;
- support innovation as regards the creation, distribution and promotion of creative content,
- addressing cross-sectoral collaboration as well as the use of enabling technologies is also an objective
14 May 2020 17:00:00 Brussels time