The MEDIA subprogramme is aimed at strengthening and supporting the European film and audiovisual industry.
Within the specific objective of promoting transnational circulation, one of the priorities of the MEDIA Sub-programme shall be:
- Supporting audience development as a means of stimulating interest in, and improving access to, European audiovisual works in particular through promotion, events, film literacy and festivals.
The MEDIA Sub-programme shall provide support to:
- activities aimed at promoting film literacy and at increasing audiences’ knowledge of, and interest in, European audiovisual works, including the audiovisual and cinematographic heritage, in particular among young audiences.
- The objective of the Film Education support is to stimulate the interest of the audiences, in particular, young audiences, in European films and audiovisual works.
- The aim is to promote film literacy and film education in order to increase audiences’ knowledge of European films and increasing the interest in these films, including works of the audiovisual and cinematographic heritage.
- It will also address the contribution that European films and other audiovisual works can make to education.
- Develop cooperation between European partners for film education projects.
- Increase the impact of film education projects.
- Developing new and innovative film education projects especially using digital tools.
12 March 2020 at 17:00 Brussels time