The Bio-Cheminformatics Research Group at UDLA is an interdisciplinary group combining computational and experimental techniques to address diverse chemical and biological problems. Currently, UDLA positions as the best university in Ecuador in the Research category according to the Scimago Institutions Rankings. Their research areas include the discovery of bioactive compounds and proteins, virtual screening, bioinformatics, protein expression and purification, and natural products chemistry. They seek to expand our research areas by incorporating a computational protein design/engineering scientist. This position is available to start immediately.
What do they offer
- A full-time, permanent position.
- Competitive salary.
- The possibility of developing your own research projects.
- A collaborative working environment within our group and with other research groups.
- PhD in Computational Biology, Computer Science, Biochemistry, Bioinformatics, Biophysics or other related areas.
- Experience as a post-doctoral researcher.
- Publications on protein engineering, design, structure and function.
- Experience with protein modeling packages, e.g. Rosetta.
- Programing skills.
- Ability to propose and develop your own research projects.
- Knowledge of Spanish or wiliness to learn the language.
- Designing proteins with potential applications to different areas such as health, industrial processes and environmental sciences.
- Teaching a minimum of six hours per week at the Faculty of Engineering and Applied Sciences. The number of teaching hours will depend on your research experience and outcomes.
- Work closely with experimental researchers.
- Publishing results in scientific journals.