The Department of Architecture and Planning (IAP) is one of four departments at the Faculty of Architecture and Design at NTNU. The department offers education at master’s level in Architecture, Physical Planning, Urban Ecological Planning, as well as Real Estate and Facilities Management. IAP also carries out academic research related to the study programmes as well as research on Smart Cities.
The position is part of a strategic initiative to strengthen the department’s capability towards the use of geographic information technology in planning, spatial and urban research. The position will be anchored in the IAP education programmes while strongly linked to the Smart Cities group. A key element for both will be the interface between urban research and geographical technology-based methods, founded on an insight that technological changes and digitalisation are becoming increasingly important to our academic fields.
- Master’s Degree in urban planning, geography, civil engineering, or architectureInnovative capabilities in use of geographical information systems, towards analysis or method’s development
- Practice in the use of GIS aimed at spatial planning and urban research, from public or private sector
- Interdisciplinary research and publishing, in national and international arenas
- Proficient in English, basic oral and written ability in a Scandinavian language
- Good overview of the field and ability to conduct reflected, analytical and critical subject-matter discussions with students and colleagues
- Good communication and dissemination capabilities
- Ability to work independently as well as in teams
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Desire and vision to advance research development
- Flexibility, hereunder ability to update work plans at any time to achieve the goals in the best possible way
NTNU Norwegian University of Science and Technology
Norway › Trondheim
25 April 2021
Leave a Reply