Access to the official webpage and the social networks
- Role: Provide professional and administrative support to the Body of the European Regulators of Electronic Communications (BEREC)
- Director: László Ignéczi
- Set up: 2010
- Number of staff: 27
- Location: Riga (Latvia)
The BEREC Office is an EU agency providing professional and administrative support to BEREC, the Body of European Regulators for Electronic Communications.
What it does
BEREC aims to ensure the relevant EU legislation is applied consistently, so the EU has a functioning single market for electronic communications.
It provides advice on request and at its own initiative to the European Institutions. BEREC consists of what is called the Board of Regulators. This is a body made up of the heads (or nominated high-level representatives) of each EU country’s national regulator.
BEREC’s target audience is:
- European, regional & national institutions in the field of electronic communications
- companies & industry associations in the sector
- consumers & consumer associations
- consultancies, researchers, think tanks