The Centre for International Studies CEI-ISCTE is awarding one PhD grant directly by FCT under the Protocol. The grant is open to a PhD candidate enrolled in the PhD program in International Studies, either:
- candidates that are now applying to enrol in the next academic year 2022-2023
- candidates already enrolled in the PhD program.
The grant is usually awarded on a yearly basis, and can be renewed up to 4 years (48 months). Mixed grants (with an additional research period in an international university) are possible, but the duration of the work to be carried in an international institution cannot exceed 24 months.
- Applicants can be of any nationality (Portuguese or EU citizens; citizens from other countries; stateless persons; political refugees);
- If applying to a mixed grant with part of the work plan in a foreign institution, applicants must prove they reside on a permanent basis in Portugal, whether they are Portuguese citizens or citizens from other countries;
- Applicants cannot have already benefited from a doctoral grant or a doctoral grant in enterprise directly funded by FCT, independently of its duration.
- Applicants cannot have already obtained a doctoral degree
Center for International Studies-IUL
Portugal › Lisbon
15th April 2022