The European Economic and Social Committee is organising the 11th edition of “Your Europe, Your Say”, a simulated youth plenary session allowing secondary school pupils from any EU Member State and from the official EU candidates countries (Albania, the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia, and Turkey) to learn about the EESC and its role, and to exchange views and propose recommendations on a specific subject. The theme for this year is “Our climate, our future!” and will voice young people’s concerns on climate change.
This year’s YEYS will simulate an international COP conference: students will be asked to represent a country and negotiate with each other, in order to come up with recommendations to stop climate change.
How to apply
To apply a school must:
– be a secondary- level school, of any type, with pupils of 16-18 years of age;
– be located in an EU Member State or in one of the candidate countries;
– be recognised by the education authorities in one or more Member States or candidate countries;
– have a computer (to read and print PDF files), with internet access and email;
– choose one teacher and three pupils in their penultimate year of any type of secondary education, including vocational training schools (aged 16 years) who are able to express themselves in English;
– consider and discuss the topic of the event in class before coming to Brussels;
– host one EESC Member for an information session on the EU and the Committee, to one or more classes of the selected school, (travel expenses of the EESC member to be paid by the EESC).
– inform the selected pupils, their classmates and possibly all pupils at the school of the possibility to follow the preparations for the event and the event itself on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
18 November 2019
Your Europe, Your say here.