The Oriental Institute of the Czech Academy of Sciences is seeking an experienced and motivated individual to join its team as Research Fellow in Malay World Studies. We are seeking a candidate whose research concentrates on modern history and/or anthropology of the Malay World – Malaysia, Brunei Darussalam, Singapore, Malay-speaking areas of Indonesia and Southern Thailand, ideally with a focus on the cultural and sociopolitical change related to Islam. The duration of the position is three years, with a possibility of extension.
1400-1600 EUR/month depending on experience. Full health benefits, 5-weeks annual vacation, travel and research stipends, support for professional development and further study, work in a fully internationalized academic environment, and further employment benefits. The starting date (September 1, 2021) is negotiable.
- A Ph.D. degree in Malay-Indonesian or wider Southeast Asian Studies, History and/or Anthropology of Southeast Asia or other relevant fields
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Fluency in Malay/Indonesian and an ability to work with relevant sources in this language, knowledge of other Southeast Asian languages a plus
- Produce high-quality academic publications
- Actively participate in the Institute´s seminar, workshop and conference-related activities
- Contribute to enhancing the Institute´s international networks and outreach
Oriental Institute of the Czech Academy of Sciences
Czech Republic › Prague
31 July 2021
Leave a Reply