COST – European CO-operation in Science and Technology – provides networking opportunities for researchers and innovators in order to strengthen Europe’s capacity to address scientific, technological and societal challenges. There are three strategic priorities: Promoting and spreading excellence, fostering interdisciplinary research for breakthrough science, and empowering and retaining young researchers and innovators. COST implements its mission by funding bottom-up, excellence-driven, open and inclusive networks for peaceful purposes in all areas of science and technology.
The Head of Information Technology Services primary responsibilities are to plan, direct and manage the IT Services Unit to ensure the development and implementation of cost-effective systems and efficient IT operations to meet current and future decision-making requirements aligning business and IT strategies.
The Head of Information Technology Services reports directly to the Director of the COST Association.
- Acting as a key role in the management of the COST Association as a member of the management group and as the Head of the IT Services Unit;
- Analysing activities and requirements for all parties to formulate and develop new and modified IT Services solutions, within the corporate framework;
- Supporting the continuous development and enhancement of systems and operations by providing and implementing appropriate IT Services solutions. Supervising, monitoring and optimising the COST Information Systems;
- Leading, planning and coordinating projects to ensure that goals and objectives are achieved within the prescribed time frame and budget;
- Streamlining and enhancing the internal business and science management processes;
- Taking responsibility for building and managing the IT Services budget in investments and expenditure;
- Evaluating needs in equipment (software, hardware, technical products…) and services, managing quotation, purchasing in a cost effective way, within available budgets and following procurement procedures;
- Promoting a climate of positive, trustful and respectful staff collaboration by encouraging communication and information sharing between the IT Services activities and the science activities in close coordination with the Head of Science Operations;
- Supervising the IT Services Unit: coordinating the operations, managing performances and workload distribution, including the timely completion of performance appraisals, regular feedback, and appropriate action planning;
- Fulfilling other responsibilities and tasks in the interest of the organisation, as mandated by the COST Association Director.
Belgium › Bruxelles
22nd April 2022