PLURAL+ Youth Video Festival is a youth video festival that encourages and empowers global youth to explore the pressing social issues of migration, diversity, social inclusion, and the prevention of xenophobia and to share their creative vision with the world.
Every year, PLURAL+ gives young people around the world the opportunity to express their vision and their creativity through multimedia production.
PLURAL+ invites young people of up to 25 years old to submit original and creative short films focusing on the themes of migration, diversity, social inclusion, and the prevention of xenophobia.
Who can participate
Young people up to 25 years old at the time of the production of their videos.
PLURAL+ is organised into three age categories:
- up to 12 years old
- 13 to 17 years old and
- 18 to 25 years old.
Multiple youth may work together to make one video, as long as all members of the group are maximum 25 years of age.
How to participate
– Video entries can be of any genre (animation, documentary, drama, music video, comedy etc) as long as they have the potential to make the audience think in constructive ways about the PLURAL+ themes: migration, diversity, social inclusion, and the prevention of xenophobia.
– Videos must be between one and five minutes in length, including title/s and opening/closing credits.
– Videos must have been produced after 1 January 2020 and, if not in English, must have English subtitles.
– If selected, entrants must be prepared to submit a digital copy of their video in either of the following formats: MOV (preferred), MP4, AVI, QT, MKV, or FLV. HD is preferred (1920×1080), but not required.
How to submit videos
To submit a video for consideration, entrants must first complete the online form.
Videos may be submitted in one of four ways:
- Through a video-streaming website (e.g. YouTube or Vimeo). If submitting through this option, the entrant will be asked to include the URL of the video in the online form.
- Through a file-hosting website (e.g. Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.) where the entrant’s video is saved. If submitting through this option, you will be asked to include the URL of the video in the online form.
The PLURAL+ International Jury Award is given by an international jury to one video per age category: up to 12, 13 to 17, 18 to 25 years old and three videos receive the Special Recognition for Combating Xenophobia and Discrimination, the Special Recognition for Sport for One Humanity and the Special Recognition for Migrants’ Contributions to Societies.
These awardees will be invited all expenses paid, to present their work during the annual PLURAL+ Awards Ceremony in late 2023.
30 June 2023, at 5:00 pm EDT.