Europe on Track is a project of AEGEE, run by young volunteers who aim to raise awareness, to create a space for discussion and to capture the opinions of youth in Europe on important social issues. This year the focus will be on putting political activism on the table for 2000 young people in Europe through the topic “Europe on Track 8: Change is within YOUth! All aboard the Activism Express”.
Six ambassadors in 3 teams will travel by train across 21 cities in Europe during one month to deliver workshops, interview young people and organise events in cooperation with 200 volunteers. Moreover, 2 online ambassadors will carry out online workshops in the same period to reach out to even more youth all over the continent!
The 8th edition will take place from 8th April to 6th May 2021.
- Aged between 18 and 30 years old
- Applicants from all over the world but European-based candidates are strongly encouraged
- Be responsible, committed and reliable
- Be open-minded, proactive and initiative-taker
How to apply
For the first round: fill in the form before 22 November 2020, 23:59h (CET) which consists of 5 parts:
1 – Personal Data
2 – Why do you want to become an ambassador?
3 – Motivation on the topic of Political Activism “Change is within YOUth: all aboard the Activism Express!”
4 – Skills and requirements
5 – Travel Experience
Pre-selected online ambassador will be invited to the second round which consists of a video call with the Project Team and will be informed about the results before the end of 2020.
For pre-selected offline ambassador, the second round will consists of a video call with the Project Team (to take place by the end of November/beginning of December) and a final third round in the form of a group Q&A session in December.
Role of the ambassadors
- To deliver workshops, interview young people, and meet with local stakeholders and political representatives in each of the cities they visit
- Throughout the journey, to prepare written (e.g. blog posts) and graphic (e.g. pictures and videos) material for the social media and external channels of Europe on Track.
- At the end, to carry out an evaluation to help out with measuring the impact of the project
- To participate in an online conference which will take place after the end of the journey
Covered expenses for (physical) ambassadors:
- Transportation during the route
- Accommodation and food in each stop
- Your trip from home to the training location and from the evaluation location back home can be reimbursed under certain conditions
- All activities related to the project and local transportation
- Visa fees – the team will try to lower the costs by providing you with invitation letters
- Health insurance
- Pocket money – based on previous experiences, an amount of 200€ (+/- depending on personal spending habits) will be necessary for the trip.
Europe on Track takes place from 8th April to 6th May.
It will start with a training session for ambassadors in Budapest, Hungary (8-16 April 2020).
Then the routes will take place between 16th April to 2nd May. Afterwards the ambassadors will have an evaluation of the project from 2nd to 6th May.
22 November 2020