There is a vacancy for a PhD position at the Department of Sociology. The position is for a fixed-term period of 4 years, of which 25% will be dedicated to teaching, supervision and administrative tasks at the Department.
The University of Bergen is a renowned educational and research institution, organised into seven faculties and approximately 54 institutes and academic centres. Campus is located in the centre of Bergen with university areas at Nygårdshøyden, Haukeland, Marineholmen, Møllendalsveien and Årstad.
- The applicant must hold a master’s degree or the equivalent in sociology. The degree has to be completed by the application deadline
- The requirements are generally a grade B or better on the Master thesis and for the Master degree in total
- As an applicant you should be able to work independently, have a considerable work capacity as well as an enthusiasm for research.
- Proficiency in written and oral English
- Salary at pay grade 54 upon appointment (Code 1017) on the government salary scale (equivalent to NOK 479.600 per year). Further promotions are made according to length of service in the position
- A good and professionally challenging working environment
- Enrolment in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund
- Good welfare benefits
University of Bergen
15 April 2020