Antimicrobial resistance (AMR) is a serious challenge that has reached alarming levels in the EU and globally. There is an urgent need to address this major health threat by actions that should include boosting research and innovation as well as strengthening coordination and cooperation in this area
- pool the necessary financial resources from participating national or regional research programmes in the area of AMR by implementing a transnational joint call for proposals resulting in grants to third parties with EU co-funding. This should scale up the implementation of the JPIAMR Strategic Research Agenda and the European One Health Action Plan against AMR.
- implement other joint activities, including additional calls without EU co-funding.
- take the full One Health approach into account.
- aim at supporting research and innovation for the development and testing of strategies and methodologies to reduce the transmission and spread of AMR.
- align national research plans and strategies in Europe and beyond.
- and demonstrate the expected impact on national and transnational programmes as well as the leverage effect on European research and competitiveness.
The Commission considers that proposals requesting a contribution from the EU of minimum EUR 5 million would allow this specific challenge to be addressed appropriately. Nonetheless, this does not preclude submission and selection of proposals requesting other amounts.
- Funding of research proposals on a topic identified in the JPIAMR Strategic research agenda, which needs to be addressed at European level or wider, and which is complementary to topics of the EC work programmes.
- Leverage transnational excellent research with EU-added value in the area of AMR.
- Increased commitment of participating countries to the implementation of the JPIAMR Strategic research agenda
- Strengthening and supporting the implementation of the European One Health Action Plan against AMR.
- Strengthening alignment of national and regional plans and activities in the area of AMR research.
- Enhancement and/or better exploitation of national or EC-supported activities.
04 June 2020 17:00:00 Brussels time