There is a need to assess the ATM benefits that can be derived from further usage of TP enhancements for supporting tools (derived from the use of ADS-C data, including EPP), notably in terms of enhancement of conformance monitoring, improvement of predictability, reduction of tactical interventions and improvement of de-confliction of traffic.
This VLD will continue the work performed by previous projects (PEGASE, DIGITS/DIGITS-AU) to demonstrate the ATM benefits from further usage of ADS-C reports, including EPP data, that are downlinked from aircraft operating routine revenue (airline) flights across Europe to the ground systems. In Wave 3, the objectives of this demonstration would be to:
- Complete the progressive integration of more ADS-C data in operational ground ATC systems,
- Derive deeper analysis of the associated operational benefits,
- Demonstrate the feasibility of an efficient capture and distribution of ADS-C data to multiple ground consumers, in support of the Service Oriented Architecture vision in the ATM Master Plan,
- Demonstrate the use of SATCOM capabilities to for the downlink of 4D trajectory data in ground systems.
The Solution is expected to have a positive impact on:
- Defragmentation of service provision: The VLD demonstrates the feasibility of an efficient capture and distribution of ADS-C data to multiple ground consumers, in support of the Service Oriented Architecture vision in the ATM Master Plan,
- Interoperability: Complete the progressive integration of ADS-C data in operational ground ATC systems,
- Sharing of infrastructure: Common infrastructure to capture and distribute ADS-C data,
- Network performance: Reduction in controller intervention through more accurate conflict detection would lead to increase ATCO productivity and then increase airspace capacity,
- Deployment oriented outcome: The demonstration continues the work under the current DIGITS and DIGITS-AU projects beyond mid-2020 in order to accelerate the readiness for the deployment. The VLD objectives support the objectives of PCP regulation e.g. AF-6.
16 June 2020 17:00:00 Brussels time