To extend the network of (currently three) centres in the world’s most dynamic and innovative countries and regions that connect and support European researchers and entrepreneurs globally, in order to establish their presence in third countries and strengthen the position of Europe as a science, technology and innovation leader.
A maximum of three proposals will be supported including one for India and one for Africa. These centres/networks will engage in activities with a focus depending on the country/region addressed, including activities such as:
- Providing services such as incubator co-working space, advice and support directly to European innovators that want to soft-land in the partner country/region and/or to engage in co-creation with local innovators;
- Building/linking to an eco-system of stakeholders including early adopters, potential customers, partners etc. in the country/region.
- Supporting the transfer and internationalisation of demonstrated technologies and know-how, both to and from the country/region.
- Launching local market development programmes to deploy European technology.
- Offering mentorship, training and promoting staff exchange to increase capacities of innovators.
- Leveraging private and public investors’ resources to sustain the activities of the centre(s).
The business plan and the intended governance shall be presented as part of the proposal. The involvement of European and local incubators or accelerators must be described.
Each proposal shall target one country or region that is an emerging or developing technology or innovation partner; proposals addressing India and all or part of Africa are strongly encouraged without excluding other countries with similar characteristics.
The Commission considers that proposals requesting an EU contribution of around EUR 2-3 million for a duration of 3-4 years would allow this specific challenge to be addressed appropriately. Nonetheless, this does not preclude submission and selection of proposals requesting other amounts.
12 March 2020 at 17:00 Brussels time