The objective of this call for proposals is to support the establishment and implementation of Maritime Spatial Plans in line with the objectives pursued in the framework of the MSP Directive. More specifically, this action intends to support Member States in setting up maritime spatial plans and ensuring that plans are coherent and coordinated across marine regions concerned. The deadline for Member States to adopt their Maritime Spatial Plans is 31 March 2021.
In this context, applicants are required to address the following priorities in their proposals:
- Support the work of MSP competent authorities and/or inter-ministerial bodies in the establishment and adoption of maritime spatial plans;
- Where relevant, support the development of cross-border cooperation on MSP with bordering Member States and third countries with a view to ensure that maritime spatial plans are coherent and coordinated across marine regions concerned;
- Making use of the best available data and organise the sharing of information, necessary for maritime spatial plans, by using relevant mechanism and tools (e.g. INSPIRE, EMODNet).
Applicants have to list the main results expected from the project. The expected results to be achieved by the end of the project must be concrete, realistic and time bound and quantifiable as far as possible.
In particular, proposals are expected to:
- Concretely contribute to the elaboration and adoption of the Maritime Spatial Plans by 2021;
- Ensure that maritime plans are coherent and coordinated across the marine region concerned;
- Create a repository of best practices and lessons learnt from the project and a list of achievements of the projects;
- Produce “policy briefs” that summarise the main results of the project and their relevance for the implementation of the MSP Directive, and include elements of “policy feedback”, in particular suggestions for changes / improvements in the current EU policy instruments.
10 September 2020 17:00:00 Brussels time