Are you a university student interested in international relations? Is a working experience part of your course? Are you curious to learn more about work of a diplomatic mission and how the EU Delegation represents EU interests and values at the UN and other international organisations in Geneva?
What´s on offer
A traineeship of 4-6 months for students undertaking a compulsory unpaid traineeship as a part of their studies, within the Human Rights section of the EU Delegation to the UN in Geneva, starting as from 10 February 2019.
The various tasks will include:
- contributing to the drafting of briefings,
- preparing draft reports on EU/OHCHR/Human Rights-related meetings, conferences and events,
- overall analysis of Human Rights policies in various countries,
- participation in the Human Rights Council and Universal Periodic Review meetings as well as various working groups.
- Excellent drafting skills in English,
- Knowledge of French would be a strong advantage;
- Knowledge of the workings of the European Union and of the United Nations would also be advantages
- A diploma/studies in the field of/related to Human Rights would be an additional asset.
How to apply?
Please send the following documents to the e-mail address:
Delegationemail@example.com(link sends e-mail)
- A detailed Europass curriculum vitae (CV)
- a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
- a University letter requesting a compulsory traineeship
- and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Compulsory Traineeship – Human Rights section
8 December 2019