This measure aims at supporting projects promoted by transnational partnerships and networks directly involving citizens. Those projects gather citizens from different horizons, in activities directly linked to Union policies, with a view to give them an opportunity to actively participate in the Union policy-making process in areas related to the objectives of the Programme.
As a reminder, this can be achieved at all stages, and with all institutional interlocutors, and includes notably:
- agenda-setting activities,
- advocating during the preparation phase and negotiation of policy proposals,
- providing feed-back on relevant initiatives that are implemented.
To that end, those projects will invite citizens to act together or debate on the multiannual priority themes of the Programme at local and European level.
The project should consist in stimulating and organising reflection, debates or other activities related to the multiannual priority themes of the Programme and propose practical solutions that can be found through cooperation or coordination at European level, and ensure a concrete link with the policy making process indicated above. Projects should actively involve a large number of citizens in the implementation and aim at setting the basis for, or encouraging the development of, long-lasting networking between many organisations active in the field.
A Civil Society Project must include at least two of the following types of activities:
- Promotion of societal engagement and solidarity: activities promoting debate/campaigns/actions on themes of common interest in the framework of the rights and responsibilities of the Union citizens and making the link to the European political agenda and policy making process.
- Gathering of opinions: activities aiming at gathering the individual opinions of the citizens favouring a bottom up approach (including the use of social networks, webinars, etc.) and media literacy.
- Volunteering: activities promoting solidarity among Union citizens and beyond.
01 September 2020 17:00:00 Brussels time