The candidate will contribute to the continuous high quality of education, notably teaching courses at the Bachelor’s degree level and supervising students writing their Master‘s theses. Your high-quality research should lead to publications in high-ranking international journals. Experience in the dissemination of research results through contacts with practitioners, policy makers and/or media is appreciated. Together with colleagues, you will contribute to the further development of the CICAM-Political Science research agenda by participating in applications for external research funding and developing research projects.
- Employment: 0.8 – 1.0 FTE.
- The gross monthly salary amounts to a minimum of €3,746 and a maximum of €5,127 based on a 38-hour working week, depending on previous education and number of years of relevant work experience.
- In addition to the salary: an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- Duration of the contract: This is a temporary position for two years with the possibility of a permanent contract.
- The intended start date is 1 August 2021.
- The candidate will be able to use our Dual Career and Family Care Services. Our Dual Career and Family Care Officer can assist you with family-related support, help your partner or spouse prepare for the local labour market, provide customized support in their search for employment and help your family settle in Nijmegen.
- A PhD degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. political science, development studies, anthropology or human geography) and a demonstrable affinity with political science.
- The capacity to contribute to academic debates on peace and conflict as demonstrated by publications in international journals.
- Enthusiasm for teaching, ample teaching experience, and proven effective teaching skills. A Dutch university teaching qualification (BKO) or equivalent would be an advantage.
- Experience of teaching courses in conflict and peace studies and/or qualitative and quantitative methods is desirable; an ability to supervise MA students would be an advantage.
- International experience and network.
- Excellent English language skills and a willingness to learn Dutch (if applicable). Dutch language skills would be a major advantage.
Netherlands › Nijmegen
05 July 2021