The Department of Philosophy at Durham University seeks to appoint an outstanding philosopher to the role of Assistant Professor. We welcome applications from those with research and teaching interests in any area of the history and philosophy of health and medicine, broadly construed so as to include the history and philosophy of biomedical ethics, biomedical science, epidemiology, and public health, global health, and psychiatry.
This post offers an exciting opportunity to make a major contribution to the development of internationally excellent research and teaching while allowing you unrivalled opportunities to progress and embed your career in an exciting and progressive institution.
- Pursue research that is world-leading in terms of originality, significance and rigour, commensurate with the Department’s continuing emphasis on international excellence;
- To be developing clear plans for the pursuit of suitable national and international funding opportunities to support research and end-user engagement;
- Play a role in relevant teaching and research supervision, and contribute to ongoing curriculum development;
- Contribute to enhancing the quality of the research environment in the Department, the wider University and beyond through collaborative research activity;
- Demonstrate a willingness to take contribute to the administrative work, citizenship and values of the Department;
- Offer lectures, seminars and tutorials at undergraduate and taught postgraduate levels, with the opportunity to teach more widely within the Department, as well as engaging in related activity such as assessment;
- To fully engage in and enhance the values of the Department;
- To contribute to attracting and supervising research students, and to enhance the Department’s commitment to its vibrant and international postgraduate culture.
United Kingdom › Durham, United Kingdom
7th January 2022