The United Nations Democracy Fund (UNDEF) is inviting civil society organisations to apply for funding projects to advance and support democracy.
UNDEF will support two-year projects that empower civil society, promote human rights, and encourage the participation of all groups in democratic processes.
The large majority of UNDEF funds go to local civil society organisations, both in the transition and consolidation phases of democratization.
Who can apply
– Civil Society Organisations and Non-Governmental Organisations engaged in promoting democracy;
– Independent and Constitutional Bodies,
– Global and Regional inter-government bodies, organisations and associations other than the United Nations, for project proposals which strengthen the voice of civil society.
UNDEF’s priority is Civil Society Organisations and Non-Governmental Organisations and the large majority of UNDEF funds go to local civil society organisations; both in the transition and consolidation phases of democratization.
The organisation must be legally constituted.
What kind of projects
Project proposals must cover one or more of the six thematic areas:
– Women empowerment;
– Rule of Law and Human Rights;
– Youth Engagement;
– Strengthening civil society interaction with Government;
– Media and Freedom of Information;
– Electoral processes (focusing on elections scheduled for 2024 at the earliest).
Project grants range between US$100,000 and US$250,000.
Proposals must be submitted online in either English or French.
30 November 2022.
Find out more here.
Leave a Reply