PhD Project Title: Efficient and sustainable synthesis of new chiral ligands for homogeneous catalysis
Development of sustainable protocols for C-H arylations in the following areas:
- Design and development of homogeneous catalytic systems using continuous flow technology with key focus on asymmetric synthesis.
- Methodology development using homogeneous or heterogeneous Ni and Pd-based catalysts.
- Multigram synthesis of targeted chiral scaffolds using low Pd-catalyst loadings.
The position is open to candidates of any nationality, as long as they fulfill the requirements set for the ESRs funded by Marie Skłodowska-Curie actions:
- Candidates who have previously obtained a Ph.D. degree, or have more than 4 years of research activity from the date when they have obtained a University diploma giving access to doctoral studies, are not eligible.
- Researchers must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in country where the PhD will be conducted for more than 12 months within 3 years immediately prior to the recruitment date.
Master Degree or equivalent in Chemistry
Relevant skills that will be considered are:
- Practical experience in analytical methods (NMR, MS, HPLC)
- Good level of English proficiency (understood, spoken and written)
- Skills in scientific writing (reports, papers, etc.)
- Team spirit and collaborative predisposition
- Desirable extra competences: background in C-H activation / functionalization, catalysis or flow chemistry
25 October 2020
Leave a Reply