The scholarship is addressed to students with disabilities who are currently enrolled in a high education programme in the area of Computer Science, Computer Engineering, User Experience, or related fields enrolled at a EU university for the academic year 2020-2021. This includes Bachelors, Masters and PhD students.
The EDF – Oracle e-Accessibility Scholarship consists €6,500 for the 2020-2021 academic year.
The Scholarship will be awarded primarily based on a project or thesis in which the needs of persons with disabilities in terms of accessibility to information and communication technologies (e-Accessibility) are taken into consideration, and/or an innovative solution to enhance their access is proposed.
The project must be an integral component of the educational programme undertaken by the student (e.g. final year assignment or part of their Masters or PhD. The project may already be underway, or be a proposal.
Who can apply
To be eligible applicants should:
- be a student in the field of Computer Science, Computer Engineering, User Experience, or related field,
- be citizens of the European Union (EU), resident within the EU at the time of the deadline for submitting applications,
- be enrolled at a university in the EU for the 2020-2021 academic year, including online universities based in the EU,
- mantain a strong academic record,
- have a disability,
- have not benefited from the scholarship in the past.
31 March 2021