The IT/telecommunication technician’s activity consists in providing technical support, testing and implementing the technical solutions related to the ELI-NP IT and telecommunications infrastructure.
- Providing technical support for the infrastructure services (compute, storage, networking) offered by the ELI-NP IT group;
- Taking an active part in the operation of the ELI-NP data and voice networks, as well as of other collaboration or communication services (e.g. e-mail clients, video/audioconference);
- Support and carry out maintenance work for the ELI-NP infrastructure elements (systems, networks, etc.);
- Responsibility for operating and maintaining the PBX system used within ELI-NP.
- Providing technical support for end-user devices within the ELI-NP facility (laptop/desktop computers, network printers, etc.).
- Actively participate in and support the acquisition processes involving the IT group, such as preparing the necessary tender documentation and evaluating technical proposals.
Conditions of employment
- Full time position, based in Bucharest – Măgurele, Romania, for one year with the possibility of extension;
- Member of an ambitious, dynamic and result-oriented team operating in a friendly international working environment;
- Rare opportunity to further your career in a modern IT environment that supports a world-leading scientific project;
- Chance to take on IT challenges that go beyond the ‘usual’ office/enterprise environment by crossing into high performance / high throughput computing;
- Motivating package (salary, trainings, etc.) according to your qualifications and (practical) experience.
- High school graduate with baccalaureate diploma.
- Practical experience in and knowledge of the main tasks as described in the job profile above;
- Solid general understanding of IT and telephone systems;
- Working and troubleshooting experience with videoconferencing systems;
- Networking knowledge (OSI layer 1, basic network equipment configuration) is considered a plus;
- Working and troubleshooting experience with end-user Microsoft products (Windows 7/8/10, Office 2010/2013/2016) is considered a plus;
- Good interpersonal skills, a strong team spirit and a result-oriented attitude, as well as a capability to deliver when working under tight deadlines;
- Fluent in English.
“Horia Hulubei” National Institute for Research and Development in Physics and Nuclear Engineering
Romania › Magurele
31 December 2021