The External Action Delegation is offering a traineeship of 6 months within the Foreign Affairs Team of the Political Section of the EU Delegation to Egypt, starting in April 2020.
- Monitoring and providing written reports on the latest regional and international affairs concerning Egypt and the League of Arab States.
- Researching and composing in-depth political analysis of important foreign policy issues pertaining to Egypt.
- Assisting in preparation of high-level visits from EU Headquarters, including input to briefings and agenda.
- Participating in conferences to broaden knowledge and understanding of key issues.
- Organising, partaking in, and producing minutes of meetings regarding foreign affairs at the EU Delegation.
Qualifications and requirements
- Strong background in political science and/or international relations, or a very strong proven capacity for one of those above mentioned fields.
- Preferably specific knowledge of Egypt’s current domestic, regional, and foreign policy issues.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of Arabic would be an advantage in widening the scope of the tasks assigned to the intern.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently to produce insightful and timely reports.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team.
15 April 2020