EFSA is looking for scientists who wish to use their skills in an information-rich environment or data officers who are familiar with working in the scientific data ecosystem and can tailor IT solutions to support the scientific risk assessment process from data acquisition to data analysis and data publication.
Your key responsibilities
- Define methods and implement tools for data collection/collation/integration and data analysis for scientific assessments;
- Support the development of a standardised framework for data collection, management and analysis (processes and procedures);
- Work closely with Member State data providers, statisticians, working group experts and researchers to collect/collate data from a wide range of sources that is fit-for-purpose for risk assessments;
- Support the development and management of suitable technical environments for hosting the data management and analysis framework, liaising with IT service providers;
- Prepare data visualisations to provide insight into aspects of food and feed safety for risk managers, scientists and/or consumers;
- Participate in working groups developing interoperability standards in food and feed safety;
- Support scientific data governance and open data initiatives in alignment with the vision of data management in the organisation;
- Define and manage/supervise contracts and procurements including monitoring procedures.