Copenhagen Business School invites applications for an Associate Professorship in Business Ethics and Sustainability at the Department of Management, Politics and Philosophy (MPP).
The department wishes to strengthen theoretically and empirically informed research into ethical dimensions of organisations and sustainability issues. We especially welcome applications from candidates whose work is interdisciplinary and who are interested in combining discussions of philosophical frameworks with investigations of practical application in the context of exploring transformational potential for business, society and scholarship.
Examples of research areas that the Associate Professor might cover:
- Business ethics as practice and processes in which values translate into business decisions and management and into the creation of opportunities for business relationships
- Frameworks for business ethics and governance structures including e.g. moral agency and responsibility in business, ethics of care, stakeholder theory and sustainability approaches
- Leadership and management in the contexts of environmental, equality, diversity and inclusion challenges
- Ethics and Sustainability in the service sector in a changing global environment
- Understanding societal cohesion as a finite resource, a renewable resource or a renewable resource replenished at a finite rate
- Understanding the competing moral and legal obligations of multinational firms to numerous stakeholders when dealing with different social norms, different religions or different legal codes in different regions and jurisdictions
- Teaching and associated examination in existing CBS programs including in the BSc in Business Administration and Service Management
- Individual and group-based research meeting the highest international standards
- Communicating findings to the public in general and to CBS’s stakeholders in particular
- Promoting CBS’s public and academic reputation
- Initiating fund-raising and coordinating research projects
- Promoting the teaching and research capabilities of Copenhagen Business School and other relevant assignments at Copenhagen Business School
- Contributing to the administrative responsibilities of the Department and to CBS-wide tasks
- Research meeting high international standards, including responsibility for the academic development of the relevant discipline
- Responsibility for publishing, scientific communication and research-based teaching
- Active participation in the regular research activities, such as research seminars, workshops and conferences.
Copenhagen Business School
Denmark › Copenhagen
23 June 2021
Leave a Reply