The Faculty of Physical Sciences in the School of Engineering and Natural Sciences at the University of Iceland seeks applicants to fill an assistant professor position in experimental physics within the Department of Physics.
The successful candidate is expected to develop an internationally recognized research program. The candidate will teach courses in physics, both at the undergraduate and graduate levels, and will advise graduate students. In particular, the candidate is expected to have an expertise in observational cosmology with emphasis on the cosmic microwave background. Undergraduate courses are generally taught in Icelandic and it is expected the candidate can teach in Icelandic within three years. The University of Iceland provides support to new faculty to attain proficiency in Icelandic.
- A Ph.D. degree in physics or a related field.
- Academic teaching experience.
- International publications and participation in international research projects.
- Experience with obtaining research funding.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English.
The hiring process will focus on identifying candidates who are best suited to the circumstances and needs of the Department of Physics and the Faculty of Physical Sciences.
University of Iceland
2nd May 2022