With over 100 (assistant, associate and full) professors, almost 200 PhD and PDEng students, about 1100 Bachelor students and 600 Master students, the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science (M&CS) is one of the largest departments of the TU/e. By performing top-level fundamental and applied research, and maintaining strong ties with industry, M&CS aims to contribute to science and to innovation in and beyond the region.
This is reflected in a rich portfolio of projects and grants that our professors attract (including ERC and national level personal grants, H2020, NWO, and industry co-funded projects). M&CS is offering high-quality educational programs including multiple Bachelor and Master programs, all fully taught in English, including a full Data Science curriculum and a new Data Science and AI MSc program.
The Department covers three domains: Mathemtics, Computer Science and Data Science. DAI is a cluster inside the Data Science domain and there are many relations and collaboration opportunities with clusters in other domains, most notably with the stochastics groups and the Analysis groups
The department’s relationship with the high-tech industry in the Brainport region means that interested staff and students can contribute directly to the development of technological innovations with real-world relevance. The department has produced a number of successful spin-offs, and participates in many national and international research consortia.
- The positions are fully funded from 1st tier money.
- A challenging job in a dynamic and ambitious university with the autonomy to have your own research line and participate in the curriculum of the department;
- Successful candidates at the assistant professor level either follow the development track of five years with the prospect of becoming associate professor and a new group leader or join one of the existing groups, first with a one-year contract, which becomes permanent after receiving successful evaluation during the first year. For candidates with a more senior profile, a tailor-made career proposal can be developed.
- You will have free access to high-quality training programs for academic leadership, the university teaching qualification program, research and valorisation competences, and a dedicated mentoring program to help you get to know the university and the Dutch (research) environment.
- Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities. Expats candidates may qualify for a tax incentive scheme, where 30% of your income is tax free for a (maximum) period of five years. Click here for more information
- Additionally, an annual holiday allowance of 8% of the yearly salary, plus a year-end allowance of 8.3% of the annual salary.
- A broad package of fringe benefits (including an excellent technical infrastructure, moving expenses, savings schemes).
- Family-friendly initiatives are in place, such as the Dual Career Opportunity program to support accompanying partners, an international spouse program, and excellent on-campus children day care and sports facilities.
Eindhoven University of Technology
Netherlands › Eindhoven
1st April 2022