The EU Delegation to Bangladesh is looking for a trainee within the Political, Economic, Trade, Press and Information (PETPI) Section of the EU Delegation to Bangladesh, starting in March 2020.
The PETPI Section is a small section consisting of the Head of Section, a Political officer and three local agents (trade officer, press officer, senior secretary). The trainee would have the opportunity of covering a wide range of areas, including political developments, human rights, the Rohingya refugee crisis, trade issues, EU visibility and contacts with civil society.
- Help the Political, Trade and Press Section to monitor, research and analyse the domestic political situation, in particular human rights and fundamental freedoms, the Rohingya refugee crisis and good governance;
- Contribute to maintaining contact with civil society, and provide support in identifying and assisting human rights defenders;
- Follow meetings and workshops with local partners on connectivity, regional integration and countering violent extremism;
- Assist the Section to monitor, research and analyse trade, labour rights and market access issues;
- Contribute to the Section’s work on EU visibility and cultural activities
- Draft relevant briefings, press reviews, minutes and policy documents as required;
Masters degree in political science, social science (sociology/anthropology), economics or international relations (minimum of 4 to 5 year University education)