You will be in charge of conducting molecular modelling studies to get a better understanding of molecular determinants involved in function and substrate recognition of several enzymes. The objective will then be to apply molecular modelling and computational enzyme design tools to redesign these enzymes to achieve the desired catalytic properties and drive the experimental construction of enzyme mutant libraries.
EV Biotech is a young, dynamic, interdisciplinary company based in Groningen, the Netherlands. Their mission is to reduce the use of fossil fuels in the chemical market and steer it to the biological compound production. We distinguish ourselves through the use of state-of-the-art computational modelling and close collaboration between wet- and dry-lab.
Biological sciences, Biological engineering, Computer science
- PhD in Molecular Modelling, Structural biology , Biophysics or related field
- Demonstrable skills with state-of-the-art molecular modelling tools
- Experience in de novo prediction, visualization and analysis of protein structures, molecule docking and molecular dynamics of protein-ligand complexes
- Comfortable with working in a Linux environment and with using scripting languages such as Perl or Python
- Experience with collaborative software development tools, e.g. Git, Overleaf etc.
- Experience in other bioinformatics tools and statistics is a plus
- Experience in the analysis of large datasets and automation of workflows is a plus
- Strong communication and organizational skills and enjoy working in a team-oriented environment
- High proficiency in spoken and written English
Excellent start-up environment, 25 days of holidays, competitive salary, flexible schedule, support in personal development
01 September 2020