The Scholarship Programme offers young professional dancers and choreographers from mainly European but also from non-European countries the possibility to take part in an intense multinational further training programme.
The Programme is a 5-week residency taking place every year in July – August in Vienna within the frame of ImPulsTanz festival.
The programme focuses on the exchange of ideas and knowledge, not limited by national borders, on concentrated further training, on meeting with internationally renowned artists gathering in Vienna at ImPulsTanz with the aim to orient the career of the participants.
In 2024, the programme is taking place from 10 July to 14 August.
A scholarship includes:
- Free participation in the ImPulsTanz Research Projects (Pro Series & Field Projects)
- Participation in the technique workshops of ImPulsTanz
- Admission to all performances of ImPulsTanz
- Artistic accompaniment by the artistic mentors
- Exchange of ideas and contact with the international guests at ImPulsTanz and lectures
- Representation of a yearly growing, international danceWEB database
- Opportunity of building up international networks
- Accommodation in Vienna for the period of the scholarship programme (5 weeks)
The scholarship does not include travel, per diem, visa and insurance expenses.
These expenses need to be covered by the scholarship recipients themselves.
Each scholarship within the frame of Life Long Burning is co-financed by the Culture Programme of the European Union, by Austrian funding bodies and by local funding from the home country of the nominee. This last part is not yet secured in all countries.
Therefore the applicants are encouraged to look for possible funding institutions in their home countries.
Please check the former danceWEBers from your home country and where they received funding from.
- dancers and choreographers with decidedly professional ambitions from European, Eastern European and non European countries,
- preferably between 22 and 30 years of age
- a good knowledge of English
The quality of the dance background is the main criteria for participation in danceWEB.
How to apply
Applicants need to submit the application form which consists of:
1.) Personal Data
2.) Artistic Career (Education & Training/Performance activities)
3.) Artistic Statement (English)
and upload it together with the following documents:
- at least 1 recommendation letter (English) (maximum 3);
- 2 recent photos (portrait & artistic photo);
- current Curriculum Vitae (English), maximum 2 pages.
15 December 2023, noon CET.
Read more here.