Within the specific objective of promoting transnational circulation, one of the priorities of the MEDIA Sub-programme is supporting theatrical distribution through transnational marketing, branding, distribution and exhibition of audiovisual works.
The MEDIA Sub-programme shall provide support for the following:
- establishing systems of support for the distribution of non-national European films through theatrical distribution and on all other platforms as well as for international sales activities, in particular the subtitling, dubbing and audio-description of audiovisual works.
- The aim of the “Automatic Distribution and Sales Agents Scheme” is to encourage and support the wider transnational distribution of recent European films by providing funds to distributors and sales agents, based upon their performance on the market, for further reinvestment in the acquisition, promotion and distribution (including online) of new non-national European films.
- The scheme also aims to encourage the development of links between the production and distribution sectors thus improving the competitive position of non-national European films and the competitiveness of European companies.
- Improvement in the trans-national distribution of recent non-national European films.
- Increase in the investment in the production, acquisition, promotion, theatrical and online distribution of non-national European films.
- Develop links between the production and distribution sector thus improving the competitive position of non-national European films.
08 September 2020 17:00:00 Brussels time