Call for Networks of European Festivals CREA-MEDIA-2022-FESTNET.
Deadline: 7 April 2022 (17:00 Brussels).
The total budget available is EUR 5 million.
European Festival Networks composed of a project leader (coordinator) and a minimum of three partners (co-beneficiaries). Festival networks will include at least 50% of European films in their programming from at least 15 MEDIA Creative Europe participating countries, including countries with a low audiovisual production capacity.
No more than 20% of the festivals participating in the network (including the coordinator) may come from the same country.
An audiovisual festival can belong to a maximum of two different European festival networks.
Eligible projects: Activities of the festival network related to the following are eligible:
- Coordinated and collaborative activities between European audiovisual festivals aimed at increasing public interest in non-national European audiovisual content.
- Coordination of network members and activities related to their sustainable structured development (collaborative activities, exchange of know-how and information, communication between network members).
- Coordinated and collaborative activities promoting sustainable and environmentally responsible practices.
- Support to audiovisual festivals held in MEDIA participating countries (through third party support).
Audiovisual festival” shall mean any event which:
- Presents a programme of eligible films (fiction, documentary or animation) which are screened for a wide audience, in particular the general public as well as accredited international audiovisual professionals and press;
- Has a clear regulatory and selection procedure;
- Have 50% of the programming dedicated to European films from at least 15 countries participating in Creative Europe MEDIA, including countries with low production capacity.
- Relevance (30 points): Relevance of the network’s festival members to achieve the objectives of this call. Clarity and relevance of the scope and strategy of the network to achieve structured, effective and sustainable coordination. Adequacy of the strategies presented to ensure a more sustainable and environmentally friendly industry. Adequacy of the strategies to ensure gender balance, inclusiveness, diversity and representativeness, either in the project/content or in the way the activity is managed.
- Quality of content and activities (40 points): Quality, impact and effectiveness of activities aimed at increasing the interest of audiences in European audiovisual works (including young people). Geographical coverage of the network, including a diverse participation of countries. Quality and clarity of activities, commitment to innovative actions in the fields of dissemination and audience development, including the use of the latest technologies and digital tools. Cost-effectiveness in relation to the proposed costs.
- Project management (10 points): Coherence and complementarity of the coordinating entity and the member teams in terms of distribution of roles and responsibilities in the activities described in the application.
- Dissemination of project results (20 points): Effectiveness of communication mechanisms between members and promotion of exchange of knowledge and good practices. Effectiveness and appropriateness of the strategy to promote and disseminate the results of the coordinated activities outside the scope of the network.